Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Housecleaning for 2006

Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were good. Ours were quite nice, maybe better than ever, visiting many fine friends and family. It's refreshing to know and appreciate good people, or at least the good in people, depending on what you got to work with.

I just did some housecleaning. I suppose most people do some. It's quite confrontative, isn't it, to push that vacuum around, dust, move furniture. I either scream or make a party of it, there's no in-between. So I started with a little song, making it up as I go:

I love to clean the house
I love to vaccuum too
I hope I find a mouse
I'll add it to our zoo

Then I felt the frustration rise. Why do we have to keep cleaning things? I've done this before. Go over the same surface areas. Routines with no apparent benefit other than to maintain or degrade.

Then I remembered what I heard Lazaris (smart topical channeled entity) saying that housecleaning goes with sifting and sorting your attitudes and beliefs, thoughts and feelings, choice and decisions. Dirt gets tracked in, that late night TV program dumped some paranoia on you, that person you talked to blew a dust of bad outlook on the world, stuff like that. I agree. Our reality creations get flawed because of junk, we have to cleaning our minds, which are externalized in reality.

How do you do that kind of housecleaning? My friend Kurt and his entity Charles recommend, think of the things you want to do or want to have in life, from your deep desires and destiny. Then list the yes-buts, or the problem with that is, and the reasons why it won't work. That's where you can find assumptions of how life works, and you can cancel and change any assumptions you choose. Look for new examples of new assumptions, if you don't believe it. It's a big world, a lot of things can go in whatever direction you favor.

So I did some assumption finding and fixing in rhythm to the literal housecleaning, and this felt good. But then there was still more housecleaning to do, I wasn't done yet. So I appreciated my wife some more, she was doing some cleaning too. That felt good too.

But then house cleaning still wasn't done, not even the limited amount I set for myself to do today. So I started getting more annoyed and frustrated and tired. But I kept my temper in check, because I remember the times that I full-out lose it and yell a bit and bang things around, and those always give me a headache.

Finally I was done. Tonite we're having friends over for potluck and movie night, that's why we needed to do some cleaning. I took a shower, and I'm about to eat and watch a short film. I've been wanting to check in with a blog entry so I wrote this first.

Slice 'o life. First blog entry of 2006. Something mundane, something profound, kinda mixed together. That works for me. Happy New Year!

Oh and please comment if you liked anything I said. How do you relate to housecleaning and the chores of life?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?