Thursday, December 22, 2005

 

Synchro Niceties

Thanks universe! I like how you work.

A few days ago I got an email from artist Andrew Gonzalez appreciating my websites, so I checked out his website at www.sublimatrix.com. Very nice paintings, he’s a friend of Alex Grey and in that tradition, with extra goddess energy for depicting angelic beings. Dakinis he calls them (do dakinis wear bikinis? I will ask). He’s very sympatico with my values, being into dreams in a big way. So I’m packing last night for San Antonio, skimming his bio, and it jumps out at me. He’s 8 days older than me and lives right near where I’m going for the holidays! Any other time of year would not have worked out like this. So with a quick email back and forth, it’s confirmed that my wife and I can look forward to meeting him and his partner right after Christmas.

This reminds me of the time when my wife and I were going to San Francisco a couple years ago. A few weeks before, it pops into my head for some reason to look up the independent mystical films of Antero Alli, a name I’d heard before. Yes, great stuff I see, and he lives near San Francisco. I send him an email and yes, he’ll be around to meet me. In fact, he rarely shows his films but he’ll be showing a great one, "Under a Shipwrecked Moon", in SF the week that we’ll be there. So we had a fine time visiting, and he’s been one of my personal heroes ever since, to encourage me in the filmmaking direction.

For years I facilitated a Mystical Experiences Discussion Group at the Cambridge Swedenborg Chapel. That discussion group is on hiatus now, likely to be revived, but it led to the ongoing Mystical Art and Talent Shows. Anyway, that group was very cool for being a crossroads of synchronicity introductions. For example, my now (always?) friend Marjie had a voice whisper in her ear one day at her computer, “type Swedenborg”. She did and found my website, so she went to the group and consequently helped me lead it with her improv meditations (where do you want to go today?).

Last night while driving home I was sorely tempted to call in to National Public Radio. “On Point” with Tom Ashbrook was discussing the week’s Philadelphia court decision that decisively branded intelligent design as creationism in false science drag, so keep it out of the classroom. A lot of people were gloating, and a few were making the intelligent observations that there’s no real reason why science and theism are at odds, just keep the definitions clear. I wanted to say look, why is everyone so quick to assume that studying God isn’t science, isn’t that how science started? Ok so hard science took the lead, and that’s probably right on, because people wanted to stay sheep in God and church so much that science had to put more power and responsibility into people’s gadget-hungry hands. Technology doesn’t make God obsolete; any good scientist should be able to combine their awe of nature with a scientist’s open mind and a human’s open heart to say yes, something like God is in our past and our future.

I applaud the (perhaps unintended) direction of intelligent design – to restore God to science for a new working relationship with the Divine – and I find the extreme atheist scientists who ridicule the extreme dogmatic Christians to be equally fundamentalist and non-representative of a moderate majority. The Philadelphia decision was soundly reasoned by a conservative judge who seemed to encourage everyone to just keep respecting and understanding the other side(s). That’s good bridge building in my book. So all you theists are on notice to study your science and catch up. Humanity needs real theories, with real testable hypotheses. Not this subjective inverse argument, well I think science doesn’t explain it all therefore by default my untestable beliefs do. No, we need something like, if God is omnipresent and metaphysical, we should be able to measure important connected effects that have no known physical causality.

And guess what, such experiments for a connecting metaphysical force are being done! Check out the Global Consciousness Project, in which statistically impossible deviations from the norm in worldwide random number generators are being measured around major world events, good and bad. Such demonstrations, if widely recognized, could push science to bring the quantum world up to a macro level at which people may be the co-creators with a God force, like mystics have always said they are. Of course, such a God science will probably be too occult/New Agey and non-denominational for the fundamentalists who want not just a God, but their God, wielding their rules, and with a big stick. Sorry. But the moderate majorities should be ready for such things.

What would a future of God science look like? A scifi world of awesome mental control over body and matter, a kind of manifested cyberspace? That sounds scary, too anarchistic. I don’t actually believe as did Aleister Crowley “do what thou wilt is the whole of the law”, I believe more like “do the law of the whole or wilt”. Would good traditional spiritual ethics be prerequisite to wielding the powers of a God science? Hmmm, are they now? I am to this day most intrigued by a prediction that the channeled entity Lazaris made: one day science will prove that God exists, but it will never proves that God cares. In other words, love will always go beyond. Interesting, but if scientific evolution favors a species that has the nurturing to care for itself and its planet enough to survive, then maybe love will be built into the creators of science by the very rules of their dispassionate science, and the point will become moot. What survives, loves. The bigger the survival, the bigger the love, and God’s the biggest of them all.

One thing is for certain, the human race can look forward to increasing power. People want to create their own reality, even if they’re not ready to look at how maybe they already do. I don’t yet know how synchronicities work like the emailing of strangers just in time to meet and become new friends, but clearly this is a power that can and will benefit everyone in the ways of both love and science. Imagine a world where problems don’t have time to become problems before they are seen as invitations, and that knock at the door is the new friend bearing just the right solution that we were only just beginning to become aware of needing. No problems, only friends. Now that’s a power we all could learn to live with, and maybe even learn to study, understand, and scientifically expect.

Best wishes,
Carl

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?